Monday, January 21, 2008

Control?

Do we really have control over our lives? Do we get to decide where we go in life, what we do in life and how we do those things in our lives? As a man who follows Jesus Christ "I" would say NO! I gave control over to Jesus the minute I asked Him to be Lord of my life. The term lord meaning "a person who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler." I told Him I would submit to His control over my life because I trust Him and I love Him. Now, that being said, why do I still do things that I know may not be right? Because I am not Jesus' puppet. He does not want people to blindly follow. "Taste and see that the Lord is good." Is one Scripture that comes to mind. But isn't He Lord? If so then how am I making choices? Two things, free will and submission. Jesus gave me free will in order for me to taste and see that the Lord is good, and then follow Him forever. Because of that revelation I am willing to submit to what HE leads me to do by the Holy Spirit which He left us according to the gospel of Matthew among others. Then enter the word submission, "a legal agreement to submit to the decision of arbitrators," or "the condition of being submissive, humble, or compliant." Jesus being my arbitrator with the Father for me so that I am led, cared for, loved, forgiven, shown mercy, disciplined, and finally shown to the light of truth in Jesus from the Father. So no I chose not to be in control, most of the time anyway.

No comments: