Thursday, May 22, 2008

Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding??

Well here I am just getting back from a high school graduation. Man do I feel old! These students that I watched graduate I have known for some time now. Some since they were middle schoolers. One of them (we will call him SAWDAWG) I have known since birth, in fact I changed a few of his diapers, and watched tons of cartoons with him, and now he is graduating. Man do I feel really old! Anyway, these folks are about to enter the "real world" No not the insanely stupid reality show on MTV. But life without being told you have to go to class, you have to study, you have to be home by 10. I heard a speech about how the world these grads are going into has a lot of gray in it as far as beliefs, and ideals go. I cannot agree more. However, I do not think this is something to be celebrated. In fact I think it is something to mourn. We have US citizens calling members of Al-Qaeda "freedom fighters," we have complete nutjobs running around saying 9/11 was an inside job, and how all we need is change. We have politics creeping into the church and churches taking over cites block by block. Churches that spend insane amounts of money to make the churches attractive. Attractive? Maybe to some folks who like three huge crosses outside their church. But not so attractive inside where it counts. When there are people in Burma who are starving and suffering we have our three huge crosses.
Basically I am ranting over the fact that there is way too much gray and not enough black and white. Too much wrong and not enough right. I could go on for days about this but I will simply say this. First,
churches are the people; not the buildings ,so quit freakin building such insanely huge building you idiots! (FBC/C@PH) How but sending a few thousand to the folks in Burma or China, or New Orleans (as long as you keep it away from their mayor Nagin)? I think Jesus would be turning over table like crazy in some churches around here. Second,
abortion is murder straight up no matter whether it is partial birth or early. But that does not give the church the right to be stupid.Third,
remember the terrorists started this war on terror not us they flew planes into buildings we did not. Simply talking to terrorists will not change their hatred for us whether you think it is justified or not. So quit trying (former President Carter... please shut up!!) And along these line terrorists do not need lawyers they needs executioners. Some may be shocked and or offended by that last one but nutjobs like the ACLU want to give terrorists lawyers. Sorry this is a war and so they should get military tribunals, not jury trials. Now this does not mean every Muslim, only the ones that want to kill my wife or friends just because she and they are Americans. Although I do believe Islam to be a false religion, and not at all peaceful like some Muslims claim it to be. As far as the Iraq war goes, it was mis-managed from the jump ( thanks Rummy! and W) but I think we were justified in going in because we had to enforce the sanctions we gave them when we drove them out of Kuwait in 1991. And they were allowing terrorists that were fighting us in Afghanistan to cross Iraq to get to Syria. So there will never be peace until Christ comes back, especially in the Middle East. Finally,
I am not a bitter or angry person. I just feel like speaking my mind sometimes. I do not wish to instigate conflict. This is my blog you can read it or not. Agree or not thats fine. I am not going to call you stupid if you disagree with me. So please understand that this world is jacked up beyond belief. But, through Christ we can make it a little better, and only He can heal it. So I will be the first to repent for the many sins I commit when I hear people tell me that there is not black or white anymore. So there you have it. I do love most people, I would be lying if I said I loved everyone. So love me if you want. But be careful, I do not sugar coat, or kiss anyones @#$ for any reason whatsoever. Being real is what will get folks interested in hearing about this Christ fellow. And being real is not a sin. Thanks for reading!

No comments: