Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Big Valley

Hey readers! I am writing you in the midst of great change. Not only in the life of the body of believers I worship with but also within my life as well. I think change is necessary. However, sometimes change can take you through a valley of sorts. Change could take you through some difficult times. I can safely say that I am going through that now. Things are tough all over with the economy at its worst in decades, and everyone is feeling the crunch. My wife and I are feeling it big time. My current job is one that was supposed to lead to a promotion and more stability for my wife and I. Instead it has turned into a bit of a struggle. Basically, the position I was supposed to get is not open because the person vacating that position is not leaving. So now I am stuck. But........
I know this is said all too often. But it bears repeating. During this time, I feel closer to my Rescuer than I have ever felt. In Psalm 121 David tells us of how Christ is our help. He never leaves. sleeps, or allows us to stumble beyond rescue. So yea finances are tough, and yea its stressful. However, my Jesus has overcome the world. So I think He can handle my situation just fine. I am in a valley, a big one. But He who is in me is greater than this valley.
So with all the uncertainty we face these days I can say with confidence that I even though things look tough and the mountain is even higher while I am in the valley. My Jesus will get me through. I trust Him! I love Him. Nuff said!

No comments: