Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wandering

Anyone ever get the feeling that its time to get the heck out of dodge? Has anyone ever felt that yearning to pack up and go somewhere that you have never been? I am not talking about a quick little trip either. I'm talking about a radical move to somewhere else. A complete paradigm shift, lifestyle change, change is scenery whatever you wish to call it.
I am feeling that way right now. I woke up this morning and I had to fight the urge to pack up my family and head north, or south, east, maybe west. I really wish I could. It's not that I do not love NWA or Arkansas for that matter. I do. But maybe I have worn out my welcome here. I dunno. I really feel isolated among friends, and family. I long for the simplistic life of no attachments, or obligation. I realize I am dreaming. I have obligations. Or do I? I can take my son, and my wife anywhere I go. I feel one with them as I should. There is a point of creation that this movement is originating from. It could be my Savior. Yahweh is mine, and I am His. He is always with me. I feel as though this feeling, yearning, or stir of my soul is from Him. Part of me longs to stir the pot in NYC. Another part of me wants a mountain existence. SO it could be that wandering spirit that lives within me. Constantly pushing me. Reminding me that I do not belong here. What do I do?
I am listening to Billy Bragg and the Jayhawks send my soul into a comfortable restlessness. Yeah, I think that I need to make my way somewhere. Not talking about roots. Although that would the sensible thing to do. Well if anyone reads this, cool. If not then at least my therapy session is proving profitable within me. I'm out of here kids. Talk to you soon. The yearning continues.

No comments: