I follow the teachings Jesus Christ. Sometimes I do well, other times not so much. I believe His biggest lessons are that we must not judge and that we must love one another as we love Him. Does not matter gay, straight, liberal, conservative, black, brown, yellow or purple love is the command. So love it is!!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
The Hardest Thing
I love history. I love to read about it, study it, and watch documentaries about it. I have been fascinated lately with the Jihadists and their Islamic roots. I know that the fundamental Islamic tribes early on hated the monarchy's friendship with the west. So why did they not go after their own monarchy instead of us? Now, do not take the word fascinated as a form of fondness. On the contrary I believe that Islam is a false religion, and is full of contradictory statements. I hear all the time that Islam is a "peaceful" religion. I see absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. In fact I see the contrary, I see violence and death. Osama Bin Laden himself was quoted saying, "the biggest difference between us and the United States is that you love life, we love death." OBL is a practicing Muslim. I can go on and on, The USS Cole attack, the Khobai towers attack, and nobody will or should forget September 11, 2001. I see all of these things and all I want to do is exact punishment on them. Swift and very severe. Yet Christ tells me to love my enemies. That is indeed the hardest thing for me. I am a patriot. I love my country and would go and serve at the drop of a hat if given the opportunity. So when I see cowardly attacks on our soldiers by these jihadist nancy boys. I get angry. Very angry! They do not fight with honor, or bravery. So what do I do? How do I love these people who are so full of hate? I know I at one time was an enemy of Christ due to my sin and through Jesus' blood I have been adopted into the family of God fully redeemed, cleansed by the blood of the lamb. So I ask the question once more. How do I love my enemies?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment