I follow the teachings Jesus Christ. Sometimes I do well, other times not so much. I believe His biggest lessons are that we must not judge and that we must love one another as we love Him. Does not matter gay, straight, liberal, conservative, black, brown, yellow or purple love is the command. So love it is!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Family.................true family.
Well as many of my fellow bloggers who have read my blog know my wife and I have had a very rough month. We are healing (once again) and we are looking towards what God has planned for her and I. I have received many emails & facebook chats with encouraging words of prayer and support. For those I wish to thank all of you. Family.......that word means a lot of different things especially in our fragmented society where divorce devastates families in and out of the church body. But wait, aren't we all His children? So we should all be in the body of Christ( I like to call it a family, with God as my Dad alongside my earthly dad who passed two years ago) so the church has much work to do in order to reach out to those folks who do not know what real family feels like. I am blessed because I do know what that feels like. They laughed with me when I got out students lost on the way to Ft. Smith (thanks Brandon.. love ya damie), and they cried with me when my earthly father passed away. They came to his funeral and hugged me until a I soaked their shoulders with my tears. They are some of the greatest people I know. The Cornetts, Carters, Traviss, Baughs, Halls, Greens,Skinner, Whitlocks, Holts, Ramseys, I mean the list could go on and fill another blog entry. I just might do that for the next one. My own little genealogy. I say genealogy because those folks are my family. Mi familia! (for you Julie). They all love my wife and I unconditionally. And that is a chore with me, not so much with my wife she is easy to love, me I can be a lover one minute and a fighter the next and a goofball all the way through out. All this is to say that family (church body) is a place where being real is finally being accepted. One of my incredible pastors just read my last blog where I wrote words like, ass & pissed. So if you are reading this blog and do not have a family? We have room for you in mine. holla at me at jselvey@gracechurchnwa.org and I will show ya my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know we're praying for you. Hang in there. Let me know if I can do anything for you. We're awfully glad to have you guys as part of our family.
just remember, james, i'm not old enough to be your mother. i'm a big sister in your family. :)
you're a blessing to us!
Post a Comment