I follow the teachings Jesus Christ. Sometimes I do well, other times not so much. I believe His biggest lessons are that we must not judge and that we must love one another as we love Him. Does not matter gay, straight, liberal, conservative, black, brown, yellow or purple love is the command. So love it is!!
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Yeshua is the Hebrew name for Jesus. Jesus is the name of the Son of God and my Savior and friend. I am currently studying the Gospels. As I read them I see Jesus' interaction with humanity on a very intimate scale. His interactions with His disciples is especially poignant. Things really get intense as Jesus nears His crucifixion. The last time He broke bread with His disciples was perhaps the most intense as He identifies His betrayer as one of them. Imagine, you have followed the Messiah witnessing miracles, hearing prophecy experiencing Jesus' ministry first hand. Wow!! To a baseball player that would be like being Babe Ruth's bat boy, or to a jazz fan (myself included) being a roadie for Charlie Parker, if jazz musicians have roadies that is. Imagine then witnessing Jesus' death. How heart wrenching that must have been for them. I guess as close as we can get is to watch the Passion of the Christ to witness the crucifixion. Thanks Mel! You're crazy but you directed and produced a great movie! I cannot watch that movie without weeping uncontrollably. I weep because I can close to seeing what MY sin did to Jesus. Yes I know that He died for the sin of the world. But I only know my sin. Imagine then that even though you are a sinner Jesus chose you to be His disciple and there you are watching Him die. Then once He is gone all the doubt that consumed them must have been unbearable. Then three days later the joy and hope that sprung from the empty tomb. Fast forward to today. We are Jesus' disciples. Jesus' life, love, and sacrifice compels us to love, make disciples, and live out our faith. However, lets not forget nor take for granted the life Jesus led before His death, and the life He lives now in us. Jesus died and rose again so we could have that relationship with Him. A relationship that is intimate. Not a distanced relationship like some deity with his subjects ruling over them with an iron fist. Jesus died and lives to love us, be with us daily, to walk with us, weep with us, rejoice with us, and to face life with us. So this is what a propose. Let's live like it! I know none of us are perfect none of us do the things that we should everyday. I am convinced that Jesus does not care about that. He only wants us to love Him, love one another, and live our lives according to the faith we have in Him. Sound good? Let's go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment